Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Burda August 2018


I buy Burda magazine every month and enjoy looking at the magazines, but the whole tracing thing puts me off making things from them unless I really really love it.
I do learn a lot just by looking at the garment drawings and the shape of the pattern pieces in the layout diagrams.
I have in the past had good results with their trousers but had a disaster earlier this year which put me off rather.

There's a few things I like in the August magazine.

101/102 interests me as the yoke/sleeve is all one piece and I wonder how it would look in a stripe jersey as the stripes change direction from the front to back and how they would intersect with the front raglan sleeve seam.

122 also interests me from this perspective as the pieces are a different shape to 'normal' trouser patterns.

I like those sort of jigsaw patterns which don't have the normal recognisable pattern pieces but then sew up into a garment.
Perhaps I am talking myself into sewing them!

3 comments:

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

Do it! :)
I too like the strange Burda patterns. They usually work!!

Alison G said...

I like the trousers, do you think they would work in a woven? They seem loose fit?

SewRuthie said...

I am towards the lower end of the Plus size range with Burda so could always size up slightly to wear with woven.
I have had good results with New Look 6216 (Which I make in wovens), so could always compare the sizing with those.