Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 17 August 2018

Refashion #2

In May 2013 I made a jersey dress which was part of my SWAP 2013.
I wore it quite a bit. It shrank a bit. I chopped the upper bodice off and made it into a skirt which I didn't wear much.
I decided I would enjoy it more as a top. So I whipped out New Look 6725 and cut the front and back from the front and back of the skirt. There were only funny shapes left so the sleeves and neckband are from a plain black viscose jersey fabric.
I did have enough fabric for some print cuffs, but I pinned them in place and didn't like the effect so stayed with the 3/4 length sleeves as per the pattern.
This works well with the charcoal and teal pieces so some progress on my SWAKOP.

2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Wonderful save!

Alison said...

I really like your transformation here, particularly how the dark neck binding makes the sleeves look purposeful instead of random.The new refashioned top will get a lot of wear once the weather cools down, I imagine.