Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 15 June 2019

Cheesecloth stripe top

I had bought some cheesecloth/seersucker type fabric which was quite narrow. I wanted to make a simple top for hot summer days but with coverage for the upper arm area.
I started with the free pattern, sent to subscribers of the Prima women's magazine.
This is the pattern from the current magazine, July 2019. I used it as a starting point.
My version most closely resembles View B, however I curved the front hem, and cut the back curve slightly longer. I raised the back neckline slightly and scooped the front neckline slightly. I extended the cut on sleeves and added a band. I cut the back on the fold. Instead of the facing provided I finished the neckline with a bias band.
I'm really pleased with this, although its too cold and wet to wear it at the moment, when those hot days arrive I will definitely be pleased I have it in the wardrobe. It washes and dries quickly and doesn't really need ironing.
:-)
Ruthie

2 comments:

Lisa Laree said...

Ooo, pretty! And it will be SO COOL when the weather heats up...which it surely will, sooner or later...

Cherie said...

Ruthie, clever alteration of a nice pattern. The finished top looks so cute, and I am sure will be a favorite come summer!