Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 20 June 2019

Verigris Jacket

When refolding the fabric in the 'Resource Centre' I came across this remnant of curtaining and was able to squeeze out a simple Kimono style jacket.
The fabric is a light green colour with teal and gold random sponge print on it.
It reminds me of Copper Verigris, even though mine is green and gold, the effect is similar.


Pattern, Kinder Cardigan from Wendy Ward's 'Sewing with Knits' book, made up in a curtain fabric remnant fabric with no stretch. This garment comes in 5 sizes I made the 4th size and added 3 inches to the middle length which isn't shown below but is halfway.

This works with my new approach for dressy occasions (which as a 'natural' I find tricky). I have simple shapes like Kimono cardigan jacket, basic trousers and knit tops only made in slightly more luxurious fabrics to look more dressy whilst still being me.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Very elegant looking! And in upholstery fabric! Labels can't fool the creative eye nor the hand of the fabric, as you have done with other "non" apparel fabrics like throws for a sofa! Very nice.

Katrina Blanchalle said...

Love this fabric! Perfect solution to the dressy for naturals problem and it looks like it will mix in with some of your color capsules beautifully.