Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 28 July 2023

T-shirt refashion

Some years ago I bought some 3XL men's t-shirts in nice colours hoping to refashion them.

My initial though was to use the Free Core T-shirt pattern as per Tomkat Stitchery's You Tube Video

However once I'd worked out my size, printed it out, stuck it together and cut out the pattern pieces it was apparent that it wasn't going to work. In fact none of my set in sleeve tee shirt patterns would fit.

I then tried my drop shoulder tee pattern, and that didn't fit either, so I drafted a variation with a slightly less dropped sleeve but a wider bat wing style dolman sleeve. I then used this to recut the tee.


I have full upper arms which look better covered so wanted the sleeves to be elbow length. So I unpicked the original sleeve hem and pressed it flat, then added a band (cut from the spare length in the body).


Here it is with the scarf, I'll wear it and see how I like the shape before I cut into the other two oversized tees!

Here's how the whole wardrobe is looking now

I'm really pleased with how this is coming along!

----------

Wearing the pink tee today and finding the dolman sleeve with cuff isn't that comfortable, so further refashioning may be required!

1 comment:

Doctor T Designs said...

Love the look of the collection! It's such a cool inspiration and it's great seeing all of the options you are making.