Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 7 September 2024

Adding pockets retrospectively

 Having discovered I picked the lightweight shirts with pockets for walks on holiday (hiking on vacation) I decided to retrofit a couple of my cotton lawn shirts with pockets.




I dug out the scraps I'd saved and managed to cut two pockets and four flaps in each fabric. I had some matching spare buttons for the long sleeved shirt, but for the 3/4 sleeve I dug out some smaller navy buttons and I don't think its too noticeable.

I do find this sort of thing very fiddly to do but its definitely worth it to have somewhere to bus my sunglasses, bus ticket, key etc

1 comment:

Carol in Denver said...

I greatly appreciate pockets in almost every garment. When companies don't include pockets in their slacks, for instance, I feel they are being cheap.