Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 20 July 2009

Sewing room decorating continues

Today I applied the gloss paint to the windowsill and it is a much nicer finish than the troublesome satin. It needs a light sand and another coat tomorrow. I think I am also going to gloss the radiator as I want the harder finish on that too.

I also finished the skirting board plus painted the door frame and the door so its really coming together now.

I don't think I am going to start bringing things back in until the painting is finished though, so maybe I will start on the inside of the cupboard now as that did not get done by the student as he ran out of time.
I'm going to have a shelving unit in the cupboard and have fabric in there folded up nicely.
And to make space for the ironing board next to the Ivar shelving I'll have the bookcases over on the other side - which will make it handy to change music since my mini hi-fi sits on top of the low bookcase.

So the end is seeming closer right now :D

2 comments:

EMC said...

Please show pictures! I might be moving my sewing stuff into my DD's room (she's moving into an apartment at college and taking much of her furniture) and I need ideas.

SewRuthie said...

Will do pictures when the decorating is finished and again once I have put some of the stuff back in.