Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 4 July 2010

Exeter Fabric centre

We've been away for a few days and on Friday afternoon I got a chance to go to the Exeter Fabric Centre where I picked up these :-
 Click picture to view larger.
Top left - cotton Batik print DH chose for me to sew him a loose tunic top.
Bottom left to right
Chocolate brown linen (2m), jersey knit with white background and lace print (2m), plain chocolate brown jersey (2.5m), turquoise knit with flaw (3m), and light and dark taupe threads to go in the overlocker/serger with impossible to match fabrics.

The chocolate brown linen will probably be trousers with leftovers used to trim a slightly too short brown linen print skirt. The lace print and turquoise will be knit tops, the chocolate knit will be a dress and the cotton print a loose tunic for DH.

MIL also gave me some old Sew Today magazines (magazine for Vogue/Butterick/McCall's patterns) and though the pattern offers are expired there are good constructions tops and ideas for garment and fabric combos.
She also gave me some pieces of nice leather so once my techniques have improved a little bit, and I am used to sewing with leather on my machine I will branch out to some slightly larger leather pieces - I fancy a simple laptop bag, but we'll have to see how good I get.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

What lovely fabrics and the magazines sound fun. I can totally see the lace print with black trousers and a red jacket. And red shoes too of course.

SewRuthie said...

of course!