Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 16 July 2010

Striped Top

Here's the striped fabric from Leeds market made up into a long sleeved knit top.
I picked a simple style as the stripes are so dominant, and I think that has worked out OK.
I cut the neckband out of the widest navy stripe so it was all navy for a simpler look than having stripes there too. I also cut the back on the fold again to keep the stripes even. The pattern does have a centre back seam which gives a nicer fit, but here I wanted to showcase the stripes so will have a bit of lower back puddling I will have to live with.
It still needs hemming which I will save for another day.
It was a bit fiddly matching the stripes up but the knit gives a bit of fudge factor.
This is to wear with the Union Jack jeans for casual wear.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Love the top and you have done an excellent job on the matching.

Joy said...

Nice job on the matching - I can see the stripes match in the back too! Isn't it great to whip up a simple style sometimes? (Actually, I do that a lot...)

gwensews said...

I love striped Ts. This one is great!

Jenni said...

Wow, what a wonderful match. Love the whole thing and it will look fab with the jeans. Well done.