Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 18 July 2010

Fabric Shopping

I went to an evening wedding party in Lancashire this weekend and so of course made space to go to Fabrix in Lancaster.There I bought
2 metres of bright red and 2 metres of dark red high quality viscose lycra knit at £6.99 per metre. Lovely quality stuff so happy to pay the price. I also purchased some apple green burnout knit which would make a nice soft cardigan and some neutral beige poly knit (very thin) which will be great for linings and so on for too sheer as its quite close to my skin tone.

I also bought this pattern - New Look 6922 which is for knits, and so I think I would get good use from it.


This morning I stopped in at Abakhan in Preston. They have a 10% summer sale off everything but I was not wowed. Continuing the knit theme I bought a piece of dark red viscose lycra knit and quite a long yardage of a beefer red poly knit with not much stretch which I thought would make a good cardi, knit dress for winter etc.



I think I need to pause from shopping for a while now and concentrate on sewing instead.
The cupboard has been short of red knit fabrics though and I think that has been addressed this weekend so I am happy.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I won't say "I told you so". :) :)

Seriously, the fabrics all sound fabulous and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them.