Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 9 July 2010

Navy top

I've been buying more than sewing, which since this is 'RuthieK Sews', not 'RuthieK Buys a lot of fabric and posts gratuitous pictures of it' is not quite on topic.
The usual excuses apply, I've been away with family, with work, working (a lot) etc.

So I thought I would actually sew something, and here it is.

This top is from New Look 6735. I cut a size 16, have elbow length sleeves and added a few strips of ruffled fabric as detail on the front.
The fabric is a knit with not much stretch, I think a viscose without Lycra and was a tiny remnant purchased from Abakhan Fabrics in Preston with Jenni a few weeks ago.
I'm quite pleased with this as it quite grown up.
It still needs hemming, but I think you can get quite a good idea from the hanger shot.


I am frankly all over the place with the sewing at the moment but seem to have been sewing in three strands
1 - Black, white and red
2 - Navy and red
3 - Teal, turquoise and brown

I am moving ahead with the navy at the moment as that is what is on the serger.
My Exeter fabrics went mostly with the turq/brown with one black/white piece of fabric.

I think I will hem the top and then move on to making a top from the striped fabric. I might use this pattern again as its simple lines would be good with something strong like the stripe.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Very nice and love the ruffles.

Jenni said...

Beautiful top. The ruffles look wonderful and it is certainly very chic and grown up, but still very you.