Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 10 April 2016

Navy and Ivory Plaid Skirt

The idea of this piece is to bring together the navy and ivory strands in the SWAP. Also I have an orphan navy pinstripe jacket and plan to wear the skirt with it to work.
The fabric was originally in my stash, but passed on to a sewing friend when I had a clear out at one stage. Then I was looking for it some time later and mentioned it to her and my kind friend donated it back to me. It is a non scratchy, loosely woven fabric which presses well. I have no idea of the fabric content.I did not attempt to match the plaid as the curved panels basically make this impossible. So I made sure I followed the grainline and used as economical a layout as I could.
The pattern is an old favourite which had been lost for a 3 or 4 years but I recently found when tidying up.
This is another one from Prima magazine, this time from September 2005, a flared bias cut skirt made from 3 shaped panels.



1 comment:

Jenni said...

oooh gorgeous... pattern and fabric both. Really love that skirt style for you.