Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 18 January 2024

Black Coat Completed

 I've finished the coat!


I chose these buttons from my stash as I thought they picked out the grey tones in the fur collar.


The lining is black satin (here's the coat inside out)


The buttons, lining and fabric came from my stash. The wool fabric was leftover from an unlined jacket I made for SWAP 2009. I did need to buy shoulder pads and fray check. The sleeve heads were made with a scrap of batting leftover from my Rainbow Quilt.

The pattern is Simplicity 4003 View B lengthened by 6 inches.

3 comments:

Julie Culshaw said...

that looks very sharp

Debbie Cook said...

Very nice! And almost all stash = free, right? :-)

Lisa Laree said...

Fantastic! I have fabric waiting to be turned into a coat...Must. Finish. WIP. Must. Finish. WIP....