Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 16 January 2024

Coat Progress

 My coat has got to a point where I can take a photo, but it isn't yet finished.


I'm using OOP Simplicity 4003 as my pattern. My coat is View B (the green one) with 6 inches added to the length.
I still need to do the lining (partially constructed), hems, inserting the lining and buttons and buttonholes, so quite a way to go.

I did interface some scraps and sew them together to simulate the button hole area, the machine was able to make a buttonhole without any problems, so just need careful marking.




I did make a test of View C (the checked one), and although I loved the collar I didn't think the belted double breasted front was the most flattering for me.


I'm much happier with the single breasted with faux fur collar.

1 comment:

Helenchaffin said...

It looks great on you! I've never made a coat yet I have over a dozen patterns😄