Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 15 January 2024

Summary of 2023 Sewing Projects

I'm currently working on a coat. I'm taking it slowly but will share once completed.

Today I made some time to look back over 2023, and I sewed a lot.

Sewing for C

I think my biggest achievement was learning to fit my lovely friend C, and then making her quite a lot of clothes once I'd tweaked the muslins and learned about FBAs etc.

I didn't blog everything I sewed for her but it included a whole rack of muslins, 13 dresses, 5 pairs of PJ bottoms, 2 lined jackets, 2 skirts and 4 tees. A total of 26 items.

She also sewed a dress and several skirts for herself

UFOs

I finished off my oldest UFO, another cut out but not sewn up project, and a blouse my friend Sylvia cut out 41 years ago.

Alterations

I notes down 4 alteration type projects - added pocket flaps, embroidery, hidden pockets etc. There may well have been more

Clothes for me

8 turtleneck tops (polo neck jumpers)

18 other knit tops

7 pairs of joggers

3 cardigan and 1 sweatshirt

4 pairs of trousers (2 with front fly zipper)

1 denim gilet with pockets

1 pair summer PJs (jersey top, woven bottoms)

3 woven tops and 6 button front shirts

1 divided skirt and 1 travel robe

This year I sewed myself a total of 55 garments. I acknowledge that this is a lot so I've had a big wardrobe clear out of things which didn't fit too well or I didn't really like, and will do another when we get back to the warmer weather.

4 items I sewed have already been donated, they were me trying a pattern, style or fabric and learning that it didn't work. One top shrank in holiday laundry and has been passed to a friend.

Accessories

Packing pouches for travel, a zipped A3 art bag, 7 zipped pouches plus lots of pairs of fleece socks.

Crafts

Felt pincushion and felt angel

Quilting

3 sets of quilt blocks for the Sparkling Stars Quilt and a little trial of Foundation Paper Piecing

1 comment:

Helenchaffin said...

A very productive year, I plan on more sewing for me in 24 ,it took a back burner to quilting & other projects & I've missed it, looking forward to seeing your new makes for the new year