Whilst I had dark brown thread on the machines I decided to sew up this little top from a remnant of print fabric. Its a lovely soft viscose knit with heft, but was a strangely shaped piece so I was creative with the cutting out and am pleased with a T shirt from the 50p remnant bin.
I used the gather front top from Simplicity 4076 but had a centre back seam (only way to get out of the fabric, but I also need for fitting). The sleeves come to just above the elbow and are gathered a little at the shoulders (to reflect the gather at the front neck) and have a band the same width as the neck band. I added 2 inches to the length but then cut 1.5 inches off when I did the final adjustments :-) so I will alter the pattern on that. My tops need to end before the widest bit of me (top of thighs) and I have been wearing some of mine too long and creating an unflattering line.