Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 17 June 2010

Fabric purchases

Bought two knit fabrics on Leeds market today. There's a double stall in the indoor market that I really like - they sell quite nice stuff at quite reasonable proces.
There's another stall that's cheaper but never seems to have anything nice.

Anyway on the nice stall they had a selection of jerseys, mostly not colours I wanted but I bought a dark red viscose jersey - very stretchy and a nice white, navy and red stripey knit jersey which would work really well with jeans.
I bought two meters of each and its quite wide so not sure what (other than knit tops obviously) I am going to make. The stripe has a fault in the middle so I got a bit of a discount, which left us all happy.

The plain jerseys are £3.00 per metre and the striped ones £4.00 per metre but the colour ranges are limited.
Apparently the owner buys them as leftovers from someone who imports knits from Germany, so in order to get the good prices he can't predict the colours.


Do you think it would be too much to have a dress in this red fabric? I might buy some more if it would be do-able. I reckon for my A line skirt dress I need 2.5 metres of knit fabric.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like a good haul. I might have to make a trip to Leeds Market when I get paid as those knits sound excellent value.

Lazylol said...

Lovely fabrics!

I love hearing of fabric purchases, seeing as I am banned from buying any myself due to my stash getting out of control :)