Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 26 June 2010

Knip Mode

Today I sat in the garden in the sunshine with a large cup of coffee and the four Knip Mode magazines.
Of the 4 magazines, September 2009 had the most items I could almost immediately see me wearing, with February 2008 (from Jenni) having almost as many. The two more recent issues April and June 2010 were rather disappointing, though I find summer frustrating with Burda and RTW as well, lots of shorts/short skirts and sleeveless things and hardly anything that someone with fat arms and legs could wear to the office.
Also what's with the carrot pants? I just cannot see them being flattering on my pear shaped lower body.

June does have a swimsuit pattern which looks quite interesting, though I am not planning to sew one at the moment, though I do have some bright emerald green swimsuit fabric in stock somewhere.

Anyway as with any new pattern company, generally I find the best approach is to sew something simple as a test and see how far you differ from their sloper, so I need to find a simple top with sleeves, a simple skirt and some basic trousers across the 4 mags and make some trail garments.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Looking forward to seeing your trial runs in this pattern line. I would imagine a skirt would be the easiest introduction to the fit.

sdBev said...

Ruthie

You need to try on RTW carrot jeans. They actually make me look smaller. OK, I'm not making skin tight jeans either, but I am making a much slimmer jean than I would have thought I could wear. It's completely mind boggling. The right, close fit is flattering for those of us with a little padding.

BTW, I'm eagerly awaiting your adventures with knipmode.

sdBev said...

Ruthie

You need to try on RTW carrot jeans. They actually make me look smaller. OK, I'm not making skin tight jeans either, but I am making a much slimmer jean than I would have thought I could wear. It's completely mind boggling. The right, close fit is flattering for those of us with a little padding.

BTW, I'm eagerly awaiting your adventures with knipmode.