Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 19 June 2010

Upcoming sewing plans

I'm generally very co-ordinates focussed and really love sewing co-ordinating collections of simple clothes.
I did two collections for the Stitchers' Guild SWAP and have also been working on a collection in black/white/red. I'd then planned out a turquoise/chartreuse/dried sage wardrobe for the PR contest, but I've only made one piece for it.

However at the moment I am wanting a break from co-ordinated collections, and think I might sew as the projects unfold naturally if that makes any sense. Having just finished the black/red/white dress with black bands I have black on all the machines, and one thing I would like to have in my wardrobe is a pair of textured black trousers with pockets. I have a nice RTW pair but they are plain and pocketless which requires always carrying the handbag.

So I think those might be the next project and after that who knows. Its nice to be sewing without a plan, or even a colour scheme in mind, though I think I will say to myself that anything I sew has to be wearable straight away, so season appropriate and other stuff to make an outfit already in the wardrobe, but other than that its free choice!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Well, as you know, I am always in favour of black trousers. So versatile. I hope you enjoy your run of less planned sewing.

sdBev said...

It's perfectly alright to change your sewing strategy. Sewing capsules, wardrobes, and coordinates is a good focused way to create a usable wardrobe. But sewing is also a creative endeavor. I think that taking this "break" could allow your creative impulses to be expressed. It's all good. Enjoy