Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Patchwork sofa cover

Inspired by a print of the photo I took in Barclona of a beautiful modern stained glass window
I'm then thinking of a dark and brights theme for my patchwork sofa cover, as per the fabrics I threw onto the sofa in this picture.
The indigo based floral print fabric looks like crewel embroidery but would be too dark alone, however when used with a rainbow of other colours it adds the darker element I was looking for in contrast with the brights.

I have a chair and a sofa plus giant scatter cushions, plus the chair and sofa have large double sided cushions, so it is going to be a LOT of fabric. More than is used in the directly upholstered pieces. I may therefore use larger pieces, or single colour for large sections like the back and sides. I get the feeling this may be a rather mammoth undertaking and I might've bitten off more than I can chew!

Detail of colour contrasts on Miro public art.
Miro at Barcelona Airport


3 comments:

RhondaBuss said...

This is going to be fabulous Ruthie. Can't wait to see your art work!

L said...

I agree with Rhonda, I think this is going to look amazing. I am too scared to undertake recovering a sofa. I can't wait to see how it turns out for you

Kathleen C. said...

Just take it a step at a time! I'm in the middle of doing the same for our sofa... with large areas in different upholstery fabrics... and it IS a big job. But no more than making an entire wardrobe of clothing... and you've done that and done it well! So I know you can do this.
Good luck!