Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 5 December 2013

Great idea for a dress

I really liked this Tahari dress which was featured on Corporette
The back of the dress is made from 4 panels in the darker colour.
I love this colourway but wonder what it would look like in black and grey for instance.

Looks smart but also a little bit different doesn't it. I shall go and have a look through the sewing pattern boxes and see what might work.
My version would have the same slim skirt but finish below the knee. It would also have all the alterations needed to actually fit me.....

6 comments:

LyndaSewing.blogspot.com said...

Did you see the new Darla stretch woven dress at Style Arc? Cute, similar, a little more fashion forward. You'd have to add sleeves, but it would be a win I think!

Julie Culshaw said...

I think that Palmer/Pletsch have something like this in the McCalls catalog.

Kyle said...

OMG I just looked at the StylArc Darla, it is amazing!!

SewRuthie said...

I have hundreds of OOP patterns, I shall have a look through them and see what I can find.

Jenni said...

If you have a straight dress that fits you should be able to just draw in the seams you need, retrace, add seam allowances and make. You may need to muslin to check seams are fallling where you want but should be easier than fitting a new pattern from scratch.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I think it would be lovely in shades grey or grey and black. Wonderful dress.