Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 6 August 2024

Green batik shirt

 


This is my latest make, another batik shirt this time with full length sleeves and narrow cuffs. I put the top button on, although I never button up that far.



I bought the fabric in May from Boyes in Arnold, Nottingham. It was the end of the bolt so I was only able to get 1.5 metres of fabric. Lots of single layer cutting, with the odd piece on the cross grain.

I stitched with green thread and added small pink/purple buttons.

As before I used this Prima shirt dress pattern from 2020 as the basis of my shirt, shortening to shirt length, adding a sleeve placket and pockets with flaps.


This one is a lot of fun!

My Emerald accents have come along nicely


2 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

Pretty! This will be a fun wear!

Doctor T Designs said...

I love the colors on this one!