Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 10 August 2024

Teal linen skirt to top re-fashion

 Old skirt



I made this teal linen skirt using OOP Butterick 3972 in 2018. I didn't wear it much and now its too small, so I decided to re-fashion it into a top using the Remy Raglan Pattern.

To new top


I unpicked the side seams of the skirt, and then cut the from and back of the Remy Raglan out of the lower portion of the skirt, reusing the original hem.

I then took the 3/4 length sleeve, shortened it a little and split it along the grainline to make a front sleeve ad back sleeve. I cut the width straight from the underarm to create a loose sleeve. I then cut these pieces out of the remaining section of sleeve.

I sewed the sleeve pieces together and constructed the top. I pieced the bias neck facing from the scraps, sewed it on, unstitched, pressed and stitched and hemmed the sleeves.

I also topstitched as many seams as I could to echo the original topstitching.

I'll wear it to see if I need to slim the sleeves. But I can imagine wearing this top a lot more than I did the skirt.



No comments: