Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 27 August 2024

Skirt to Top Refashion

 

This top was recut from a RTW maxi skirt - I loved the print on the fabric but barely wore the skirt.

I unpicked the waistband and one side seam, then cut the front of the top out of the back of the skirt. And the back pieces out of the front.

The sleeves were cut upside down and only elbow length. I used the original waistband for the neck band and sleeve bands.

I used my TNT t shirt pattern - New Look 6735 - which I've altered to fit me better.

The neckband gaped a little so I've added a series of tiny darts and pressed them away from the centre.


1 comment:

Rebecca Grace said...

Terrific idea to refashion that skirt into a top! Now I'm eyeballing a couple maxi skirts in my own closet that I haven't been wearing much in recent years...