Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 24 August 2024

Steampunk Lady Explorer

Our lovely friend C and her fiancé have invited us to their steam punk themed wedding next April. The dress code says Steampunk optional, but of course I'd like to join in!

Having had a bit of a look at the women's costumes I've decided that I am neither Victorian lady nor harlot so plan something of a Lady adventurer look.


So I thought this would be a great use for this UFO I finished off last year but barely wear

Then add a blouse with some frilly collar and cuff components 


And a long skirt (or culottes/divided skirt) with cargo pockets or buckles or some such


Then practical boots and lots of leather accessories, as well as some sort of hat and goggles....

I plan to customise this bucket hat I made in September 2002 with steampunk doodads.


Any suggestions for accessories I can DIY (I'm fairly crafty) to complete the look.
If possible I'm hoping to sew or make everything, or thrift things and adapt them as I'll enjoy the challenge and have plenty of time to get prepared.

Apparently we'll be in a marquee outside the Papplewick Pumping Station.
https://papplewickpumpingstation.org.uk/weddings.html

4 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh my goodness -- you are going to absolutely blast this challenge out of the park. And I love the idea of a steampunk wedding where guests are invited to come in costume! I love your concept and I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together for you.

Hen said...

How cool is that! Great ideas. As an adventurer, you might need a compass and binoculars? Anything brass...

Carol in Denver said...

How fun! I love your ideas for your outfit to wear!

Doctor T Designs said...

This is so cool! You should definitely make some sort of steam-punk-y spyglass for your lady explorer look and some sort of belt pouch situation for maps and things.