Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 13 February 2010

Fabric purchases - photos

Last Saturday's fabric purchases - photos.

I finally got around to taking photos of the new fabrics I bought last Saturday.

1 - Chartreuse silk. Only 75cm of this, but I would love a little woven top of some sort from it.

2 - Ivory and black print knit. The art deco style print appears twice on the fabric, I am showing the part with a fault. With careful cutting this could be a great knit top. I could always use plain black bands if having trouble.

3 - Linings. Nice feel so I think rayon/viscose rather than poly. Dark brown, copper red and mid brown with stripes. These will make wonderful trouser linings.

4 - Navy striped fabric. A dark navy, heavy and beautifully soft, I have enough for a work dress or several pairs of pants!

5 - Striped trouser fabrics. The top two are dark olive, and brown, The bottom ones both black with brown stripes. Each of these is enough for a pair of trousers.

2 comments:

gwensews said...

Nice haul! Have fun with all of those new fabrics.

kbenco said...

I am really looking forward to seeing what you do with the silk and the print, and the other fabrics look very smart and useful for core pieces.