Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 14 February 2010

More fabric ordered - this time knits

otallyFabrics.co.uk were having a Valentine's day half price sale, and my previous order from them was very good, so I decided to see what they had in knits, as these are hard to get locally.
I found quite a few I liked in the Lycra knits section and have ordered as below. Interestingly except for one in teal/lime the others would all fit with a red/white/black theme which could be my next wardrobe collection.

I decided I will just sew up variations on my personal style which is mostly knit top in print or colour with stripe pants and a jacket or cardigan, and just occasionally push the boat out a little for something a little further from my normal look.

Here are the fabrics I have ordered, though it will be a few days before they arrive I should think.

4 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Lovely selections.

Melissa Fehr Trade said...

Rats! I didn't check that email account over the weekend and saw the sale too late! Ah well. I'm so in love with the lycra knits they stock - I'd had my eye on the fourth one down for a while so I'm keen to see what you make with it!

I just finished a jacket & skirt suit using some of their wool-mix tweed, which I was really happy with, too.

SewRuthie said...

The fabric arrived. The prints are lovely quality although 2 (which were end of bolt) are slightly short measure (1.8 m v 2.0 m) and another which is in two pieces, all of which I have emailed them about, and one not supplied (but immediately refunded. The stripe was cheaper and not as nice, but generally happy, esp if they sort those missing 20 cms out.

SewRuthie said...

They gave me a bit of money off for the short yardage refunded straight back to my account, so I am happy. great customer service.