Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 17 July 2011

Autumn Sewing

I decided to introduce some summer elements so I can start now and am cutting out a corally orange slubbed knit dress from Vogue 8679. I'm hoping it'll be fun for now and the trnasition into early Autumn before it gets too cold for knit dresses.
 I'm wondering if I can use the whole wardrobe pattern and make up all the pieces for my summer/Autumn collection. I might add pockets to the skirt and trousers as entirely pocketless outfits are annoying to me.


7 comments:

kbenco said...

I particularly like the t shirt in this pattern. Would you make the jacket? It does not look like your usual style,

SewRuthie said...

I am wondering about the peplum part of it Karen, its partly the charm of it, but all my purchased jackets are 'normal'.

MushyWear said...

I really like the shape of the dress and t-shirt. The pattern has so many possibilities!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Ruthie - that is a cute dress pattern. I never noticed it before because so much of the internet chatter was centered around the jacket and the skirt.

Jenni said...

The dress will look lovely in orange and will be very you. The pattern has some really lovely garments in it.

velosews said...

I love the shirt and dress styles. Theses will look fab on you.

Anonymous said...

Ruthie, I had a look over on PatternReview as I also thought about this pattern for autumn. EricaB made a version, and she found the original Alexander McQueen jacket. On looking at what she did, and the original, I find that it is too "funky" or possible even too "stylish" for me! So if it were me (and maybe it will be) I would make it with a different jacket, probably a soft knit of some kind. I'm also not convinced entirely about the trousers.