Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 4 March 2012

Decluttering

I've been re-reading Karen Kingston's 'Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui', which has many helpful points (even though I don't agree with her on spiritual things.)
I must admit a few things had me laughing out loud as I could see myself in an example in her book.

Once I'd finished skim reading the book I got up and filled 2 charity bags with coats and scarves from the hall cupboard. A lot more to do yet, but found these 3 questions from the book very helpful

- Does it lift my energy when I think about it or look at it?
AND
- Do I absolutely love it?
OR
- Is it genuinely useful?

I think the point where I paused on the Artist's Way was the decluttering chapter, so maybe that will restart again once I've done some more here.

A dear sewing friend said to me she would know I was serious about decluttering if I decided to get rid of fabric, so we shall have to see :-)

3 comments:

Janine said...

thanks for this post - I just read this and then got up and put a huge garbage bag of stuffing ( for toys and pillows ) and a box of 40 glasses from an old university ball in the back of the car to take to the op shop. ( now I have to go to the op shop !)

marysews said...

I like the three questions, but giving away fabric? Yeah, right! Who are we kidding?

Ginger said...

Sounds like you're moving along nicely! I have the same book and I agree with you about the spiritual side of it. But, I think the truth about Feng Shui is the power of placebo -- if you believe cleaning out from under your bed makes the energy flow more peacefully in your room, you will feel more peaceful there if you clean under the bed.

However, fabric is an ENTIRELY different beast! Even if it's a piece you hate now, you can use it for a muslin or a dog bed or SOMETHING! :)