Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 14 January 2009

button themed drawing pins




How to make your own
Collect drawing pins from drawers, noticeboards and pots of bits and pieces around the house.
Push the drawing pins into a cork coaster and place level on a table surface.
Leave a gap between each pin.
Now rifle through your button tin (I am sure you have one) and find buttons that match your sewing room decor, I chose white, green, pink and a few metallics/browns.
Find a tube of superglue.
**be careful not to stick your fingers together, ask me how I know****
Drip superglue onto the head of the drawingpin. Now drop a button carefully onto the glue and press lightly. Do NOT get any superglue on you.
Repeat with all the pins and buttons you can find.
resist the temptation to mess with any of the buttons, leave to dry overnight.
Laugh with glee and pin stuff to the cork board above your sewing machine. Now you will never lose the pattern instructions again.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Used buttons, sewing themed and FUN!!!!
Fabric Used:
Buttons
Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
Would be even better with those little sewing themed buttons (scheming where to find some)
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I have made 40 button topped drawing pins and I think that is way more than enough :-)
Conclusion:
I know its a crafty thing, but it was fun.
P.S. Washing up liquid and hot water will unstick your fingers, whilst your DH tuts in the background.
Translation:
I'm a brit, so I think some of the words are different. I think drawingpins are thumbtacks, but I bet your superglue is just as sticky as mine so be careful.

5 comments:

Carla said...

Great idea, Ruthie! I think I have some buttons that are sewing related like thimbles and scissors. They would make great push pins. Thanks for the idea.
Carla

Sharon said...

What a great idea, now I know what to put in DS's present this year LOL. Will also have to find those sewing related buttons and I think I know where they are :)

Vonnevo said...

Your button pins are fabulous and a great way to use those odd buttons. I am thinking colour scheme/buttons as I type :) Nail polish remover will separate stuck fingers and remove Superglue.

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely inspired idea, Ruthie! Thank you so much for sharing that!

Fearful Penguin said...

Brilliant! I was looking to buy some fun drawings pins to brighten up my office at work, but I adore this idea! Thank you!