Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 16 January 2009

My fabric tastes

It has been interesting going through almost all of my fabric in one evening.
Lots of plain fabric but that has surface texture - self stripes, cord, denim, flecks or woven from 2 colours. Also quite a lot of pinstripes. Not a lot in the way of prints, though I did not go through the knits - as the knits are for tops I have a few more prints in there I think.

Once I go through and cut swatches of everything, and get a bit more realistic about what I am keeping from the home dec remnants and scraps I shall have everything in order.

I think going forwards I need to get into consulting my swatch cards before sewing since I have lots of very usable fabric in there.
I'm also going to try and be a bit more sensible about some of my UFOs (unfinished objects) - partly made or gone wrong projects. Some of these need to be thrown away or made into shopping bags rather than continue to be housed.
Interestingly a few of my UFOs are prints - harder to be 'me' I think.

1 comment:

Rhoto said...

"My fabric tastes"... Can't resist... "Chocolate? Vanilla?"
Tee! Hee!
Four stars for all your organizing work!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda