Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 10 January 2009

Next garment



My next planned garment is to test New Look 6516 in stash fabric (turquoise/textured) before I go ahead and make it up in my striped suiting.
So far I have read the pattern instructions and nothing more. I was pleased to see that the instructions are for a bagged lining - wo hoo! the pattern companies have joined modern times!

The jacket is going to be made from a textured fabric which is bright turquoise woven with black - the result a slightly flecked turquoise (still pretty bright) which I love. It'll also have a turquoise lining, because hey if its gonna be turquoise it might as well be stonkingly turquoise!

And I think I am going to add a centre back seam too, because I really need to be able to fine tune the fit at the back neck and just below the waist. I plan to do view E without the ribbon trim (too much fuss for me) and with a frog fastening of some sort.

I have loads of the turquoise fabric, so could have a whole turquoise suit - not sure if that would just be scary bright and too much, or of actually that's quite me and the office will just have to get used to it.....

No comments: