Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 24 January 2009

Shoulder Pads


Well the shoulder pads are sewn in, but this has not yet produced the magic I was hoping for, as I have not yet found the shoulder pad stash. Its gotta be in the sewing room somewhere, but who knows?
I tried the jacket on and it hangs much better with the pads in.
I am not sure what to do about closures though, to have it sit properly across the bust it looks to need a fastening at bust level, but will also need another at the waist.
I wonder if its visually OK to have two sets of frogs? If I need three I'll have to go back next week and buy some more (they come in packs of two).

I suppose I could just have hooks on the inside which didn't show. I don't want buttons and loops.

Still not found the pattern for the Burda 8407 skirt. I think I cut the pattern pieces out for last year's SWAP but never made it up.

Maybe I'll spend 1/2 hr tidying boxes in the sewing room and then head off to bed.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Ruthie I would kill for your colour sense. Beautiful clothes. I have nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award.

SewRuthie said...

Ooh thanks Barbara. Do I need to do anything?