Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 13 August 2009

Pattern Review Wardrobe Contest Sep/Oct/Nov

September 1, 2009 through November 30, 2009

Total pieces required: 10
These need to consist of:

  • 4 bottoms
  • 5 tops
  • 1 topper (see definition below)
A topper is anything that has the basic function of covering your top. So a tailored jacket (not necessarily recommended unless you sew REALLY fast) counts. A loose jacket counts. A cardigan counts. A poncho counts. Ask the contest manager if you aren’t certain.

Additional rules:

  • All tops must go with all bottoms, and the topper must to with all outfits.
  • Minimum of one print fabric must be incorporated.
  • A dress may be substituted for either one top or one bottom, but it must still follow the rule that it needs to go with either all the tops or all the bottoms.
  • You must do a 'wardrobe review' for the contest. You should also review all of the individual patterns used for your review. Include in the main wardrobe review links to those individual reviews.
  • Pictures of all items are required for voting. A composite picture is highly recommended, since it helps showcase the wardrobe and helps others see what was accomplished.
  • All cutting and sewing must be done between the contest dates to qualify.
I had a rummage in my stash cupboard (a very happy task, I love that cupboard) and came up with a cream/teal/brown/navy combo.
  • Teal wool knit cardigan
  • Navy jeans
  • Navy cord pants
  • Tan/teal glen plaid check tailored pants
  • dark brown tailored pants
  • teal velvet stretch top
  • Turquoise jersey knit top
  • Cream fitted shirt
  • Teal/brown/tan floral print tie neck blouse
  • Teal/brown print top
All looks beautiful together, even the two prints with the plaid.
I am really looking forward to sewing and wearing all these pieces.

Well as ever that is my plan and who knows if I will manage it. I have gone for all pants this time as I think that is much more wearable for me. (I have a lot of skirts and rarely wear them).

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow Ruthie, your projected output is amazing, especially as you are also doing WIAW.

This could also be doable for me as I only made 2 of my garments for the 2009 SWAP at Stitchers Guild so need to pop over to PR and have a look at when I have to sign up.

Deb said...

Ruthie you are certainly going to be doing very well if you get all these done, especially with the WIAW coming up and then (possibly)another SWAP following on it's tails. Your wardrobe is going to be full of lovely pieces, I can't wait to see it all come together.

Jenni said...

Oooh, gorgeous fabrics. I love them all and they are just an amazingly cohesive selection.
You are going to have a really amazing wardrobe to wear this winter.

EMC said...

Very pretty - I love the way all the fabrics coordinate but are not too "matchy-matchy"! The teal cardigan is a very clever topper to bring everything together. Just wonderful!