Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 16 August 2009

WiaW Shirt


I have cut out the WiaW shirt from McCall's 5522 in the white/teal/purple striped shirting and have the stripes on the diagonal on the lower section for interest and to move away a little from the menswear look.

It looks like it will be quite an interesting variation. I shall need to keep thinking up new variations on this pattern so I can use it multiple times.

I have not applied any of the interfacing or done any of the marking. I do remember this being quite time consuming to sew (its made up of 22 pieces of fabric) , so hope I have not bitten off more than I can chew when it comes to sewing it up along with 3 other items in one week.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Ruthie, the blouse with the stripe orientation changed sounds really lovely. You've made the blouse once now, so it will make up quicker than before. I just know that even with a mad week at work, you can do it. I don't know how to put one of my favourite little pom pom shakers in here, but pretend there is a whole row of them cos I am cheering you on big style. Go Ruthie, you can do it.

Michelle said...

I've made this shirt before and your version sounds like it will be wonderful. I can't wait to see it!