Once you choose hope, anything is possible.

Sunday, 16 August 2009

WiaW Shirt

I have cut out the WiaW shirt from McCall's 5522 in the white/teal/purple striped shirting and have the stripes on the diagonal on the lower section for interest and to move away a little from the menswear look.

It looks like it will be quite an interesting variation. I shall need to keep thinking up new variations on this pattern so I can use it multiple times.

I have not applied any of the interfacing or done any of the marking. I do remember this being quite time consuming to sew (its made up of 22 pieces of fabric) , so hope I have not bitten off more than I can chew when it comes to sewing it up along with 3 other items in one week.


Jenni said...

Ruthie, the blouse with the stripe orientation changed sounds really lovely. You've made the blouse once now, so it will make up quicker than before. I just know that even with a mad week at work, you can do it. I don't know how to put one of my favourite little pom pom shakers in here, but pretend there is a whole row of them cos I am cheering you on big style. Go Ruthie, you can do it.

Michelle said...

I've made this shirt before and your version sounds like it will be wonderful. I can't wait to see it!