Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 9 August 2009

Sew Hip Mystery Quilt - final part

I picked up the Sew Hip magazine yesterday which has the final part of the Mystery quilt in it, so I now have all the issues which cover the project.
Its not quite what I thought it would be, but I am OK with it.

As I have only made one block so far its going to be a long time before I actually get the whole thing done, the instructions on the actual batting and quilting process are minimal though I guess they assume you know what to do.

I have a couple of quilt books though, so maybe one of those has the missing information, and I'll need to find out what quilt batting is and where I can buy it.

I did find a good use for my quilting ruler and rotary cutter, the dress on yesterday's post has the ties specified only by measurement, and it was great using the board, ruler and rotary cutter to cut them out. I can see that being useful for BWOF as well as they also do that.

I only have the layout diagram for the dress and no construction information so not entirely sure how they plan for you to tackle some bits.
Anyway I shall alter the dress back today I think - at least it already has a centre back seam so I can just use that - and then see how the front hangs once that is done.

No comments: