Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 6 October 2011

Autumn thoughts

I'm away on holiday, elsewhere in the UK and am alternating hill walking and shopping. The shopping is mostly fabric related, but other bits too. The weather isn't great with lots of rain storms and wind, and once I get soaking wet I give up for the day and come back to my room to dry off and warm back up again. I'm self catering so I stay in during the evening surf sewing blogs, watch DVDs I brought with me and eat my dinner and read, so that's working pretty well.
I'll do some separate posts on each of the fabric shopping places when I've done them all. Each has its own characteristic so I don't want to mix them up.
The fabrics I've bought so far are for planned garments to wear over the next 3 months, so I need to get on and sew them up once I get back. I've also bought some New Look patterns as they were on sale for £2.95 each, and I use a few of my New Look patterns a lot so these seemed candidates to be new favourites.



I'm quite busy these days with work, church and social events so need to be quite focussed to make sure the sewing gets done, and I'm not just reading about other people sewing and not actually doing any!

4 comments:

Maryissewfast said...

I look forward to your fabric shopping posts Ruthie as I will be in the UK in a little over a month! Not sure how much fabric shopping will get done since I will be hanging with my 1 year old grandson (maybe teach him young to love fabric shopping with Gram?), but I do hope to bring home some pieces to remember the journey!

sdBev said...

I thought "Oh she's right. I use my New Looks quite a bit too." For a while the styling seemed slightly off, but they're back to being fashionable, well fitting, and comparatively inexpensive.

Janine said...

I love your choice of 6080 - lots of useful pieces there that could be styled in so many ways.

The Beading Gem said...

I used to sew a lot, Ruthie. Then I veered to jewelry making. I think multi-stranded necklaces are the way to go for more visual impact. For more ideas check out some of my past posts like these :

http://www.beadinggem.com/2009/07/multi-stranded-necklaces-anyone-some.html

http://www.beadinggem.com/2010/12/how-to-make-designer-multi-strand.html

My jewelry making tips hub has all sorts of back posts to help :

http://www.beadinggem.com/p/jewelry-making-tips.html