Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 17 October 2011

Fabric Purchases Part 2: Pennine Outdoor

Whilst I was away on holiday in Lancashire I took a trip to Pennine Outdoor who are mainly internet/mail order, but do have a physical shop also.
Pennine sell waterproof, windproof and thermal fabrics in particular, ideal for walking and other outdoorsy things.
If you do want to visit the shop you can combine it with a visit to the nearby Ingleton falls for a nice day out.

In the photo of the shop, you should be able to see that 'Bentham Imaging' a photographic gallery is on the ground floor. To reach the shop go through the archway to the right and go up the stairs and through the door marked 'Pennine Outdoor'.
The owner is a lovely lady who let me take photos of some of the fabrics to share with you.
 I was a bit boring and bought 3 pieces of navy fabrics for 2 prs walking trousers and 1 pair of waterproof trousers, plus some needles and some seam sealant.
Mailorder is mainly UK, but also Europe, though I think technically they will ship pretty much anywhere in the world (except US for insurance reasons).

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I can see I will need to take a trip out there. I am always in need of nice quality fleece/sweatshirting for hoodies and there looks to be some nice colours.

Melissa Fehr Trade said...

oh yay! I totally LOVE Pennine Outdoor, I've bought loads from their internet shop. The lady who works there is so nice and knowledgable over the phone, too. I'm jealous you got to go there - thanks for reporting back here and the Leeds market, too!