Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 30 December 2011

Birthday

Its my birthday today, and the first since I've been living on my own. Its a tough time of year to arrange social things as lots of people are busy with their families, and it makes a singleton feel a bit left out.
However in the end I've had some kind people help me make plans for today.
First up is lunch with my mum, auntie and two cousins at Ikea today. We pick Ikea as a meeting point because its a similar distance for us all to drive, the cafe is not expensive and you can also buy storage boxes or whatever! This is my craft show sewing auntie too, so she's bringing me some samples of her work, which I am welcome to copy and adapt. We live far enough apart that we're not going to impact each other's sales :-)

Then this evening a few ladies from church are coming round for drinks, nibbles and a chat, which is definitely nicer than staying in on my own feeling glum. Its quite hard when you've moved to a new town and although you know people they are not really close friends yet, so I appreciate these ladies making the effort to care for me.

A few cards came already in the post and I put them carefully under the Christmas tree to be opened this morning. A BIG THANK YOU to Jenni (aka Yorkshire Lass) who sent me a very elegant card with a dressmakers dummy on it and a beautiful embellished notebook which says 'Once You Choose Hope, Anything Is Possible' - almost too lovely to write in :-)

19 comments:

shams said...

Happy Birthday, Ruthie!

Lisa said...

HAppy Birthday Ruthie , sounds like you are going to have a great day.

Carol said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had a really lovely day.

starryfish said...

Happy birthday Ruthie, I've been reading your posts for months and am delurking for your special day. I do admire your skills in sewing and assembling outfits!

Janine said...

Happy Birthday - I know how you feel about having a birthday at this time. Sounds like your friends are very nice to think about you at this time.

Peggy L said...

Happy Birthday, Ruthie!!! Enjoy your day.

Rhoto said...

Happy Birthday, Ruthie !!
Hug, Rhonda

gwensews said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sure it is difficult to start over, but it sounds like you're making progress and opening the door to a wonderful new life!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Happy Birthday Ruthie! And I hope this year brings you love, joy and much happiness!

pdiddly said...

Happy birthday - my birthday is ion the 11th so I understand only too well the complications of having a birthday so close to Christma.

Have a wonderful day and all the best for 2012

Seraphinalina said...

Happy birthday! I think that sounds like a lovely day that you have planned out.

Ann said...

Happy Birthday Ruthie. Hope it is/was a great day for you.

Tina said...

Hey! It's my birthday too! However, I actually forgot until I logged into facebook and saw all the birthday wishes. Oops! Have a great birthday!

Kyle said...

Happy Birthday Ruthie!! I *love* that you're having lunch at Ikea, I like to do that too though I haven't done that in ages.

Sharon said...

Many happy returns Ruthie, I admire the way you have handled your life changes and wishing you all the very best for 2012.

pdiddly said...

Sorry about my terrible post I was doing it on my ipad so couldn't see what I was typing.

Hope you had a great day

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Janice said...

I love your blog and just want to wish you a happy birthday and every blesssing in the year ahead.

Janice x

kbenco said...

Happy birthday Ruthie.