Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 29 December 2011

Cowl/turtle neck top

When the weather gets colder I would love to be able to wear a turtleneck to keep cosy. My forward head means normal turtleneck styles are unwearable, so I have been getting by with scoop neck tops and soft scarves, but this leaves a draft at the back of the neck, and doesn't work under scratchy wool jackets.
So I have adapted my altered scoop neck tee pattern, lengthening the sleeves from 3/4 to full length, and replacing the neckband with a loose collar which is a looser version of a turtleneck but which works for me. It still needs coverhemming but I am very pleased with the John Kaldor cotton print knit top as my first version.
I have a cream version cut out, ready to do next, and then will probably switch the machines to black and do something which will work with the SWAP colourway :-)

6 comments:

Linda T said...

I like this one very much!

eric said...

What a great fabric and great design idea!

Sharon said...

Love the fabric and clever idea for the collar.

pdiddly said...

your top looks great Ruthie

Carol said...

I have a tshirt pattern I do something similar with and it's perfect for cooler weather. I've also been thinking of making a separate cowl to slip on like a scarf.

BetsyV said...

Really fun fun fabric!