Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 13 December 2009

Black tops with a bit of sparkle #3

In the same fabric as the square neck top, but single layer as its an overlayer, here's the Simplicity cardiwrap again. It seems to work much better in this lighter knit, and it is draping beautifully. This knit does not have a lot of stretch and I had to snip the armhole to ease the sleeve in again. However I think it will be OK to wear as its got lots of volume.

I lengthened the sleeves quite a bit, and may turn them up slightly if they are too long when being worn. I left the hem edges unfinished becuase this knit does not ravel :-)

2 comments:

gwensews said...

The cardis are terrific layering pieces. I like that they can be worn so many different ways. Sew on!

Jenni said...

Oooh, I love that version of the cardi. It does drape wonderfully well and will be lovely over the festive season. Bet it looks gorgeous on you.