Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 29 December 2009

Wearing the stripe pants

Here I am wearing the stripe wide leg trousers and the orange poloneck (rollneck/turtleneck) sweater.
I think it demos why I should not wear poloneck sweaters as I just don't have enough neck for them.
I have the front neck pulled down a little with the leaf brooch so the seam did not cut across the soft flesh of my neck. I think if the sweater had a deep scoop neck with a soft cowl type collar it would be better.

I now have to decide if I am going to alter this or not. I can't return it as I have worn it all day now.
I do like the colour a lot though.


3 comments:

Rhoto said...

Hi Ruthie!!
I actually use a brooch & pull down the turtleneck part a bit...
Wanna see something REALLY goofy?? Visit the "Petite" stores/departments and see the full-sized--not mock--turtlenecks... I have YET to see a "Audrey Hepburn" swan-necked petite gal ;)
OR, you can re-draft the neckline, eh...
OR, you can give it to your favourite cause and try to forget your day as "the tortoise who won the race", eh ;)
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

gwensews said...

I cannot wear a high neckline either. I feel like I'm choking, for one thing, and I don't think it does much for me. Maybe you can alter the neckline of the sweater. Your pants look terrific.

Jenni said...

The stripe pants look lovely but I agree the top isn't your absolute best look. You don't look happy in it somehow, but the colour is nice. You look much nicer, and more comfortable, in your more open necked tops.