Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 28 December 2009

SWAP 2010 #2 - Stripe Trousers

These trousers are made in my key SWAP fabric and the fit is lovely. The fabric has a bit of stretch which is very forgiving, and the weight means they hang nicely in a wide leg trouser like this. I've used my favourite Burda magazine pattern -  10-2008-132.
These trousers are definitely going to be in the final SWAP. There are a few reasons for this
1- I wear the stripe trousers from the 2009 SWAP and my 'Inspired by the Sea' Collection an awful lot and can see these being as useful.
2- they are in my 'key' fabric which has the dark chocolate background but also has orange, white and gold variegated stitching which I will use for my various tops.
3 - becuase of the colours they are slightly more interesting than basic pinstripe trousers without being crazy!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I can see how those will work with many outfits. Great work and you are certainly making progress.

gwensews said...

Yes, those would be stunning with a solid color top in one of the stripe colors, with a vest maybe, or a jacket.