Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 13 December 2009

SWAP 2010 plan

Well my SWAP plan is not yet fully formed but it is taking shape, and is proving a slow and painful business. I have done a few of these now and you would think I might have got the hang of it but no.

OK so first question is which of the 3 garment combo options to go for. I am currently hankering after

Option #2:
2 dresses -single pieces consisting of top and bottom that can be worn alone.
6 tops  - t-shirts, shirts, blouses, or camisoles
2 bottoms - jeans, pants, shorts, skirts or kilts.
1 your choice (not an accesory)

and this is going to work as follows:-
2 dresses.
dress 1 - dark brown pinstripe fabric sleeveless, can be worn alone or as a pinafore with other tops under it.
dress 2 - dark brown knit with cream coloured beads at the neck, not chosen a pattern yet

6 tops
top 1-  Simplicity cardi-wrap in red-orange viscose knit
top 2 - long sleeved top in same red-orange viscose knit
top 3 - ivory sweater knit - pattern not decided
top 4 - gold crinkle blouse with ribbon ties (may be a premade if I make this before Christmas as planned)
top 5 - ivory slinky cowl neck top
top 6 - ivory woven blouse - pattern not completely decided

2 bottoms
bottom 1 - dark brown pinstripe trousers
bottom 2 - many options, currently fancy the dark brown faux suede straight skirt with hem flounce.

1 choice
red-orange wool jacket from McCall's 5818.
(this may seem a little crazy but I have a few bright jackets and wear them an awful lot)

As you may be able to see I have chosen all dark bottoms/dresses, but light/bright tops/jacket. This is a deliberate approach.

Anyway I had better get back to my Christmas wardrobe.

No comments: