Quote

Black Lives Matter

Tuesday 1 December 2009

Christmas Mini Wardrobe

Well I really enjoyed sewing the 'Inspired by the Sea' collection but I have had enough of blue for a while.

So my next project is going to be a mini collection of festive clothes for the Christmas period. This is going to be based around antique gold, red and black. As a pear shape I need to wear the darker/plainer items on my lower body and have all the texture, print and colour on the upper body. This gives visual balance.

I don't have any formal parties to go to, but a few smarter separates would be useful for various lunchtime and evening events with my colleagues and friends.

I have a large stash and so want to sew using the stash as my main source so I shall go and look through my wonderful fabric cupboard now and come back with a few options.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


OK so a rummage through the stash produced a few pieces which could work really well for a mini Christmas wardrobe.

bottoms
black poly with clear threads which glitter only slightly when the light catches - drapey evening pants
black fabric with a slight dull sheen - more pants if there is enough fabric, otherwise a long skirt of some sort
black cord with red and gold embroidery and a few red sequins, a long straight skirt (simple style)

tops
antique gold crinkle satin - wrap over blouse
red slinky - a simple knit top of some sort (not a lot of fabric)
red/white/black print knit (not much stretch) - a knit top of some sort

and then if I am brave enough some beautiful soft red faux fur made into a little short jacket with black satin lining.

5 comments:

gail said...

sounds beautiful. i've been toying with sewing up a velvet skirt in some sort of dark color. i'm a pear/rectangle so i need to keep dark colors on the bottom too.

Rhoto said...

Oh, how pretty, festive and BEAUTIFUL your fabrics are!! 'Looking forward to seeing you sparkle!!
Soft H1N1 elbow hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Sharon said...

This sounds so wonderful, looking forward to your creations.

marysews said...

Honey, I'm not so sure you're a pear shape, anymore ... You've shed enough weight that you look really good without it!

Faye Lewis said...

That collection is going to be festively pretty.