Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 28 August 2011

Capsule wardrobing - opinions please

Hi all :-)
I've generally used this blog to write about my sewing on a day to day basis, but I have an obvious bent towards wardrobe sewing - ie sewing items which work together and adding in the accessories etc to do that. I haven't particularly majored on that here on the blog, but I wondered if that's of particular interest to people who come and read here.

So for instance my various old wardrobes - which just have little sidebar sections, would you like them to open up to have more detail?
Or would you like to see more detail on how the accessories are put together with the clothes on my current projects and the wardrobes mixed with each other and RTW?
Would you want to see me wearing the clothing and accessories in an 'outfit of the day' type way? (Not sure I could sustain this tbh, but hey I'm asking). I'm very ordinary and have a non-glamorous life working long hours in IT and living in a not quite ideal rented place, I'm also not a model in any sense - I'm 40 pear shaped and a size 14-16.

If there's no feedback I'll just carry on posting whatever I fancy as I do now, but if you would like to see something specifically, please let me know and I will see what I can do to try and meet that.

15 comments:

jemilyea said...

I think you should write whatever you want. I mainly read your blog through Google Reader and rarely click over to view anything on your sidebars, but I do remember what you have sewn over the years I've lurked on Stitcher's Guild and here. I've really enjoyed your updated insights into capsule wardrobing. (I'm a few years younger than you but remember reading all those wardrobe books from the '80s and '90s which my library had.)

marysews said...

Post what you want, but I still want to watch.

I don't "do" wardrobes, but I occasionally sew something to go with this, that, and the other.

Rhoto said...

Hello Ruthie!!
VERY interested in ALL your suggestions/offers!!
BUT, remember to do what YOU would enjoy, eh ;) It's YOUR blog--sew have fun with whatever you do with it
Warm hug, Rhonda

Susan said...

I would love to see more of your wardrobes. I'm trying to have a more structured approach to what I sew and not end up with so many "single" items. Most of us live normal unglamourous lives so I think you are an excellent candidate!

Rose said...

I definitely agree about posting whatever you want. At the same time, I'm trying to work more in capsule wardrobing. I would be interested in all the items that you suggested. If you are inspired to do them, I'll be reading. :)

Debbie Cook said...

I love your wardrobes and seeing you model them, so I'd definitely be interested.

Kelley said...

I'm all for you blogging about whatever you want. It's been working for me so far! I love reading about your capsules and plans. I love your style and the colours you choose. And I love the way you make it all seem very do-able. I've learnt so much over the years...thanks.

Uta said...

I love wardrobing concepts and have admired your work on this, so yes, I'd like to read more. My interest would be less colors or accessories but more on how you choose patterns to go together - compatible lines, styles etc.

Claudia said...

Agree that it's your blog and you should write what makes you happy. Since you asked though - really enjoy seeing your capsules and would be interested in seeing what you put together.

Janine said...

I love all of your suggestions but agree with everyone else - only blog what you want otherwise you will end up not enjoying your blogging so much .

kbenco said...

I love reading your blog and seeing what you sew, but I think you have a real gift for putting outfits and colours together that is lacking in many of us(ie, me), and so is particuarly interesting to read about.
I would love to see you do a series of outfits you wear, on you, - in a week or a fortnight if you could bear it, as I am very interested in how you mix and match your various capsules and use accessories. I like your blog what ever you write, but you did ask for opinions!

Dawn said...

I am a big fan of reading about putting wardrobes together with accessories and all. Add in sewing them yourself and I'll be reading.

Jen said...

You're the wardrobe queen and very inspiring. Keep at it or keep at whatever you need to in your life. We're here to listen/read.

Ginger said...

I love "watching" your sewing and wardrobing. I had noticed before that you can't click through your sidebar pics and I would really like to do that so I could see more details.

I don't care a lot for the "what I wore today" blogs but I love seeing you in the different combinations of your capsules. Maybe just every once in a while you could put together some "action shots" of a particular capsule into one post. That way, we get to see how it all went together in real life.

Love what you do in your blog -- keep it up! :)

Hen said...

I like reading your blog and love the little wardrobe summaries on the side bar. Blogging should be fun and not turn into work for you! If anything, I would like to see the clothes more often on you in your daily life.