Black Lives Matter

Sunday, 30 August 2020

Navy Nineteen Piece Collection - next 3 pieces

 Here are the next three pieces of the navy nineteen

Stretch denim trousers with belt loops, and a different shape to the top of the pockets.

A different stretch denim used for shorts, these have the standard pocket shape but have been cut off at the knee.

And a pair in a mystery stretch woven (sort of like a bengaline with a jacquard pattern). Only a remnant of fabric so used ponte for the pockets. I've lightened the photo as these are dark navy so you can see the texture - a sort of crinkled elongated houndstooth.

I have some dark navy ponte trousers and a ponte cardigan with pockets cut out as the next two pieces, but then I think I need some tops.

Here are the first seven pieces of the nineteen, with blue shapes standing in for the not yet made pieces.

Monday, 24 August 2020

Navy Nineteen piece Collection - first 4 pieces

Navy Nineteen piece collection  - mostly because of the alliteration, but also for the challenge.

I like Navy blue a lot and find it can work in all seasons in different styles and fabrics.

I must wear my navy pieces a lot as earlier ones have worn out!

More Navy pieces would be welcome in my wardrobe but fairly boring on the blog.

So far this year I've already made a few navy items:-

Navy floral trousers

Navy floral jacket

Navy blue plain trousers

Navy blue midi culottes.

Since then I made some denim shorts and some denim trousers (are they jeans?) which I've not posted yet.

I'm almost done on some navy jacquard bengaline trousers, and I've cut out some navy ponte trousers and a navy ponte cardigan.

Once those are finished I'll have Nine Navy items. But I definitely need some more tops.

Sunday, 2 August 2020

Various trousers/pants and a trial top

After the pink cardigan and top I made some pleat front full length trousers in a brown pinstripe fabric, I also made some cropped trousers from a different pattern from the scraps.
I also made some bengaline Bermuda shorts in a dark olive green and some fun ivory and brown print trousers.

I also made a knit top from an old pattern modified (extra length/width) which came out too large, so that will need cutting down and resewing. I used two different brown based scraps for this and it always was an experiment.

So first up here's the ones which use my altered version of New Look 6216 as a starting point.

Full length in a print cotton mix.

Cropped and widened in a pinstripe

Long shorts in dark green bengaline

The brown pinstripe used for my reworked version of Butterick 6947

And finally an attempt to rework New Look 6430 by making it longer and wider and adding a neckband. I overdid this and its far too big. 

So need to find the discipline to cut it apart and remake it!