Saturday, 27 December 2008
New Look 6008 tee started
Christmas is now over and I got the sewing machine threaded up yesterday and partially assembled a T-shirt in turquoise. I decided to swap out the cap sleeve tee for one with a similar neckline but long sleeves (New Look 6008).
I machine basted the side seams last night to do an initial try on, and whilst the front and sleeves seem OK the back is a very poor fit. Huge at the neck and the waist
I think I will add a centre back seam so I can reshape, and also a neckband (in two parts – front and back) to keep everything snug and emphasize the boat neck shape.
The knit is t-shirting not jersey and isn’t very stretchy though, so I’ll have to be careful not to make something which fits well but is impossible to get on or off.