Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Vogue 2989 Ivory Top Completed

 My version of Vogue 2989. To avoid the top layer (which is cut on the bias) fighting with the lower layer (which is on the straight grain) I did not hem them together as per the instructions, instead I curved the lower edge of the outer layer, so it was more of an overlay. You can see the line drawing below.

Overall I am quite pleased with it, although the collar does not sit on me like it does on the model. It does look stunning with a chunky necklace - I was trying it with chunky oversized pearls - but the edges of the shaped upper bit, pop out a little more like a little collar, but in a very flattering way.
Only two more SWAP garments to go, or I could do one SWAP garment and add in something purchased.

My current plans are to do two more items from Vogue 2989 - the black dress and the grey skirt.
 I will slightly curve the hem of the dress in the same way as I did with the top. I suspect it will need some length adding too.
This definitely needs lengthening, but there are pattern markings above the interesting pleats to do so.

The black wide legged trousers will probably be in May after SWAP when things are a bit calmer.

4 comments:

Sewingfunthings said...

Cute top that can be worn with anything. I have a couple of patterns like this that I haven't cut and I like the idea of the overlay.

me said...

Nice looking top Ruthie
Marciae from SG

SewRuthie said...

Thanks Dorothy, thanks Marciae. I have just cut out the black dress version so am making progress.

Jenni said...

What a fabulous top. Definitely worth all the fiddling to get it just right. Nice work on the curved front. Looks lovely.