Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 31 July 2019

New Look 6216 variations

I enjoy making variations on the same pattern, especially when its worked well for me before.
I've used New Look 6216 trousers lots of times now, with some minor alterations for my full seat.
The latest versions of these were sewn for the hot weather.

First I made some trousers from some duck egg blue cotton sheeting. These are made as per the pattern, except I have added a working elastic/drawstring waist, so the waist is truly adjustable. (The pattern has a full elastic waist and a non functional tie sewn on) Given the very casual nature these are being used as PJ trousers.
The second variation was an attempt to make some culottes from the same pattern using a pretty blue floral fabric. Here I cropped the length and added width, omitting the pockets but again made a functional elastic/drawstring waist.


No comments: